As health care providers, our top priority is your health and safety and we are writing to address the coronavirus (COVID-19) that is sweeping through the nation. Please be assured that our offices are taking this matter seriously and proper precautions are in place to promote the safety of all our patients.
Axis Sports Medicine’s Steps to Protecting our Patients, Staff, & Community:
- Our offices will continue to follow infection control and safety guidelines and recommendations provided by the APTA (American Physical Therapy Association) and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), including our continued routine of using proper hand hygiene practices as well as disinfecting of patient surfaces
- Requiring all patients wash their hands for 20 seconds, or longer when they arrive for their appointment
- Therapists are maintaining 40 minute treatment sessions to reduce the number of patients in the clinic at one time
- Therapists are calling each patient to help identify essential patients and reviewing treatment plans, with rescheduling of non-essential appointments for a later date
- Recommending any patient 60 years, or older cancel therapy appointments
- Screening patients and employees for any symptoms and precautions advised by the CDC including cough, fatigue, fever, shortness or breath, other flu symptoms, and international travel (previously to level 3 countries, but going forward any country)
- We ask that any patient who answers ‘yes’ to any of the above reschedule their appointment
- We ask that any employee that answers ‘yes’ to any of the above stay home and follow CDC guidelines for return to work
- Additionally, if you think you may be at risk for exposure, we recommend you reschedule your appointment
- We are waiving all cancellation fees and allowing staff to work remotely
Please be assured if needed, that we can function remotely using technology to aid with remote evaluations, patient inquiries, scheduling, insurance, billing matters and other patient needs.
Remember to wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds and change your toothbrush if you haven’t been feeling well!
Additionally, we ask for the safety of our staff and other patients attending PT in the clinic that if continued in-person treatment is essential, then you refrain from community gatherings of any size, as we ask our staff to do the same.
Please join us in supporting our county and government leaders and
follow their guidelines for travel, social distancing, non-essential in-person
contact, and self-quarantine.
Thank you for your support and cooperation as we face this evolving challenge together.
Due to COVID-19 and guidance from the CDC and CO Department of Public Health and Environment, we believe we are an essential service. We are currently open and providing care to a limited patient population. This will be determined by a conversation with your therapist and your comfort level.
Please contact the location where you are receiving treatment with any questions.
We will be creating unique plans of care based on patients needs. We will provide updates here, as information is available.