Following guidance from the CO Department of Public Health and Environment and the CDC, we have reopened our locations to see any and all patients who request physical therapy.
COVID-19 is still a threat, and we continue to follow our best practices to prevent the spread.
- We continue to abide by social distancing guidelines with extended and flexible hours. We have implemented staggered appointment times to help distance our clients.
- All staff continue to wear personal protective equipment and we require all clients to wear masks in our office. We also require clients to wash their hands when they arrive for an appointment.
- We continue to screen all clients for symptoms and precautions advised by the CDC including cough, fatigue, fever, shortness or breath, other flu symptoms, prior to their appointment.
- We continue to practice extreme caution to ensure that all surfaces and equipment are disinfected between patients, following infection control and safety guidelines and recommendations provided by the APTA (American Physical Therapy Association) and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control).
- All our therapists continue to offer and encourage Telehealth appointments to help maintain social distancing whenever possible, especially for our at-risk clients.
We know that there is a “new normal” that will take some adjustment for everyone as we continue to contend with this ongoing pandemic in Colorado and around the globe. If you have any concerns or questions about your appointment or about receiving physical therapy during this time, please reach out to us at any of our six locations.
Please follow the Colorado Safer-at-Home guidance, and continue to remain home as much as possible, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
As health care providers, our top priority is your health and safety and we are writing to address the coronavirus (COVID-19) that is sweeping through the nation. Please be assured that our offices are taking this matter seriously and proper precautions are in place to promote the safety of all our patients.
Axis Sports Medicine’s Steps to Protecting our Patients, Staff, & Community:
- Our offices will continue to follow infection control and safety guidelines and recommendations provided by the APTA (American Physical Therapy Association) and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), including our continued routine of using proper hand hygiene practices as well as disinfecting of patient surfaces
- Requiring all patients wash their hands for 20 seconds, or longer when they arrive for their appointment
- Therapists are maintaining 40 minute treatment sessions to reduce the number of patients in the clinic at one time
- Therapists are calling each patient to help identify essential patients and reviewing treatment plans, with rescheduling of non-essential appointments for a later date
- Recommending any patient 60 years, or older cancel therapy appointments
- Screening patients and employees for any symptoms and precautions advised by the CDC including cough, fatigue, fever, shortness or breath, other flu symptoms, and international travel (previously to level 3 countries, but going forward any country)
- We ask that any patient who answers ‘yes’ to any of the above reschedule their appointment
- We ask that any employee that answers ‘yes’ to any of the above stay home and follow CDC guidelines for return to work
- Additionally, if you think you may be at risk for exposure, we recommend you reschedule your appointment
- We are waiving all cancellation fees and allowing staff to work remotely
Please be assured if needed, that we can function remotely using technology to aid with remote evaluations, patient inquiries, scheduling, insurance, billing matters and other patient needs.
Remember to wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds and change your toothbrush if you haven’t been feeling well!
Additionally, we ask for the safety of our staff and other patients attending PT in the clinic that if continued in-person treatment is essential, then you refrain from community gatherings of any size, as we ask our staff to do the same.
Please join us in supporting our county and government leaders and
follow their guidelines for travel, social distancing, non-essential in-person
contact, and self-quarantine.
Thank you for your support and cooperation as we face this evolving challenge together.
Due to COVID-19 and guidance from the CDC and CO Department of Public Health and Environment, we believe we are an essential service. We are currently open and providing care to a limited patient population. This will be determined by a conversation with your therapist and your comfort level.
Please contact the location where you are receiving treatment with any questions.
We will be creating unique plans of care based on patients needs. We will provide updates here, as information is available.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 Information
CO Department of Public Health and Environment COVID-19 Information