Did you know that some insurance plans in Colorado may not require a doctor’s referral to receive physical therapy care?
Insurance coverage for physical therapy benefits varies with each provider and plan, so please contact an Axis Patient Coordinator to discuss your specific situation. We are happy to verify your insurance ahead of your first appointment, or discuss self-pay. It is important to contact your insurer ahead of time to understand your specific benefits.
Telehealth visits are now widely available to any of our patients that wish to see a physical therapist and will be billed to your insurance. Medicare will also cover patient initiated e-visits with your physical therapist to review your exercises and home management strategies.
Some important questions to ask . . .
- What are my physical therapy benefits?
- Are there limitations for how many times I can come to physical therapy?
- Do I need a pre-certification to use my physical therapy benefits?
- Do I need a referral?
- What is my deductible and does it apply to physical therapy?
- Do I have a copay or a coinsurance?
- What is my out-of-pocket maximum?